Thursday, February 20, 2014

Thoughts on Thursday

Oh me. It's one of those days where I don't think I can homeschool one. more. day. Granted, I love homeschooling. I love being home, unrushed, teaching my boy. I love that he gets lots of outside time that he loves. I love that he gets lots of extra time with his Daddy and Grandparents because he is homeschooled. And I love most that I have taught him to read, something that will stay with him through his life. I love striving to point him to Jesus each day and teach him God's word.

But yáll. It's hard. It's hard when he is being too stubborn to understand the way I am teaching the math. When he thinks he knows a better way . It's hard when he can read a story but cannot read a list of words. I do not understand and wonder, why? It's hard when his little brother seems to not get the attention he needs and misses his brother while he is doing his work.

But God didn't say he would make things easy. He just said he would be there through it all. Why would he make it easy? Then I would be tempted to try and do this homeschooling thing in my own strength and not through his strength. Even when I surrender each day to HIS will and pray for guidance. It's hard. My flesh gets in the way. I've learned I need to depend on him even more and I know he delights in that. So even though the journey is hard, if it brings me closer to HIM, if it brings my boy closer to HIM, I must continue on because I know this is what he has called me to in this season of my life. And I must praise him through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment