Friday, March 28, 2014

give me five...it's friday!

1. My boys had a busy week last week, plus they both spent the night with my parents once last week. By Saturday they were WIPED OUT! These are pictures of them Saturday afternoon. They were in the midst of a deep sleep. The "I better wake them up or they may not sleep tonight" kind of sleep. I love watching my boys sleep and being able to snap a photo.

2. Sunday was a busy day for us. We had a meeting at church late that afternoon followed by an evening service. So to spare my boys of sitting through a lot of talking later, we dropped the boys off with my parents after the morning service. Being that the boys were gone I had a chance to go feed cows with my husband. (Yes on Sunday, sometimes it must be done) I forgot how much I enjoy feeding cows with him. Usually I don't tag along because the tractor is full of boys! I actually really wanted to get on the couch, but felt bad for him and decided to go along, but in the end it made for a great afternoon.

3. I was "that Mama" on Monday at co-op. And by "That Mama" I mean the Mama whose child is peeing off the top of the playground equipment Mama. Pants dropped and all. And before you go taking his side, it was not a "mergency." When I got to him (he didn't see me coming) I overheard him tell another child "That's funny isn't it." Y'all. I was disgraced! I saw him out of the classroom window where I was helping clean up so we could go home. I immediately went to him, pulled up his pants, and marched him to the door. All my friends were watching. They got a good laugh about it and about the fact that even though I was steamin' mad I stopped for a split second to put a bow in a little girl's hair who asked. They all reminded me that he could do a lot worse. I have good friends. I haven't got the "you're kicked out of co-op because your child has no raising" letter yet, but I am waiting.

4. We tackled shoe shopping on Thursday. Of all the things I do with my boys this tops out my least favorite. Nonetheless, we were close by the shoe store and I knew pickings would be getting slim. The older my boys get the UGLIER the tennis shoes get. I don't know if that is the case for girls, but no one is making cute little boy shoes. They are all neon green or orange, which draws my little fellas in. I try to explain that not everything we wear matches up with NEON! My boys always seem to be WILD UP when we get in the shoe store. Probably because I walk in circles. I even had a good talk with them before going in because, well I REMEMBER previous trips. We got shoes, I don't love them, but we got shoes. I only felt as if I was going to get the shakes once or twice. Then we booked on for a nice lunch a Cracker Barrel (their choice). I reminded myself that it is such a blessing that I had money to buy my boys shoes, as some Mamas are not as fortunate, and I will try, really try, to have a better attitude the next time we need shoes. Which I hope is not until the Fall.

5. Tuesday was National Ag Day. Now I didn't write a post full of agriculture education or a post advocating for agriculture, but I wish I did. I want to learn more and grow in this area. One way I am learning and growing is by reading other advocates blog posts. I learned something new from Confessions of a Farm Wife's post, When GMOs were Prize Winning, Not Picked On. I hope you will read it. I realize many people have concerns about what they eat and there are many misconceptions out there. Before you judge or make a decision out of fear, research.

Hope your weekend is blessed!

12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Amber! I don't know what the fascination is that boys have with peeing outdoors. Bobby has never peed outside in the public, but he used to sneak outside to pee off of out back porch. I can understand how angry and embarrassed you were, but hopefully now you can look back and laugh. Boys will always keep things interesting, that's for sure! Have a great weekend, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen...here in the country it's kind of normal, just not so much in public. I try to remind my boys! I have had a good laugh about it! Hope your weekend is great too! :)

      Delete
  2. aw boys ;-) hope it doesnt happen again for you mama, but i think you handled it well! have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes boys! Gotta love them! Wouldn't trade them for the world. I kind of like being kept on my toes....now I will probably EAT those words before the end of the day!! :) Thanks for checking my blog out!

      Delete
  3. Too funny about the peeing incident! I saw your blog link on Lauren Elizabeth and had to pop over because of your blog name! I have two farm boys of my own! I find myself saying "no, you can't pee there" at least once a week it seems. Just yesterday it was in the front yard of the babysitters house. Maybe it will get better in time? Gotta love them!
    -Michelle http://www.thefamilyfarmhouse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to hear from another farm mom! I will definitely follow along on Bloglovin' :)

      Delete
  4. My 4.5 year old needed new shoes, and he picked the neon orange ones with gray accents. Sigh. I was like well, I guess... but he was so happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you!! Maybe I will get there...eventually! :-) Thanks for checking out the blog!

      Delete
  5. Oh my! I won't tell my boys this story because they might think that would be fun. LOL! Best of luck. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is precious, I love these photos!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete