Friday, April 11, 2014

Give me five...it's Friday!

ONE~ We survived the opening day of T-ball. I found out soon that two children on the same team can be challenging! Along with helping out in the dugout - overload! We had a fun time and I love watching them! They are too cute in their uniforms!


TWO~ Sometimes I get super organized and have it all together and actually cook lunch before church on Sunday morning. The key word in this is {SOMETIMES} !! My family is anti-casserole for sure, but this one seems to be a hit at least for now.

Pork Chop Casserole
1 pack boneless pork chops
1 can cream of onion soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 package Lipton onion soup mix
2 cans of water (measure from soup cans)
1 1/3 cups of rice

Spray casserole pan with cooking spray. Add rice. Mix together soups and water (I heat them in the microwave for about 2 minutes so they mix well). Pour soup and water mix on top of rice. Add pork chops and sprinkle dry soup mix on top. Cook at 300 degrees for 2 hours.
** I have found with my oven, if I cook this at 300 degrees for an hour and turn off the oven without opening the door, it is perfect once we are home from church. All ovens are different so you will have to play with yours. Also sometimes cream of onion soup is hard to find so just substitute with cream of chicken or mushroom. The last two times I made this I was out of the dry soup mix so I just added a little seasoning salt to the top of the pork chops and I couldn't tell the difference. Pretty basic recipe!

THREE~ I snapped this picture of my boys before their second t-ball game this week. They were already being super sweet so I didn't even have to tell them to pose. I usually don't get lucky enough to capture these moments so this was definitely blog worthy friends!


FOUR~ Thursday morning we were up early and I tried to convince my little one to go on a date with mama for breakfast before speech...
Me: Since were up early we can get ready and go have a breakfast date!
A: What's that?
Me: Where we go out to eat, just you and me, and talk.
A: Well...I don't want to do that!

:-( No breakfast date for this mama! Ha!

FIVE~ I saw this on pinterest a while back. So cute find it here. I am so ready for a beach day!! It is my happy place!!

6 comments:

  1. We are in our first season of t ball too. So much fun! But we definitely all need a nap after the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Melissa...t-ball can be exhausting...for everyone! Thanks for checking out my blog!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, how cute are your boys!!!! LOVE them in their little uniforms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think so too - they are definitely keepers! Love the name of your blog, I have a pair of favorite red shoes! :-)

      Delete
  3. They look so cute in their uniforms!!! I love dates with my son!

    ReplyDelete