Friday, April 4, 2014

give me five...it's friday!

So this has been a busy, busy week. I feel like I have run around like a chicken with it's head cut off all week and the weekend doesn't look like it will be too slow either! We have had fun though! Here's a few highlights of our week...

1 ~ Life on the farm is crazy busy this time of year. Tobacco must be set out (planted) and corn must be planted as well. Along with all the other chores the farm requires and the occasional cow that likes to get out. :) My boys love this time of year and I love to snap some photos of them "working hard."


2 ~ A good friend of mine threw a little park day party for some of her kid's friends and invited us. It was so cute. The kids did a scavenger hunt, planted seeds, ate a picnic lunch, and had dirt cups for dessert. She is so talented and had the tables at the park so cute. I didn't get as many pictures as I should have, because I was enjoying all the good conversation. :)



3 ~ Our neighbors chicken keeps showing up at our house and somehow manages to get herself shut up in my boys "shop"(playhouse, they call their work shop) or in our dogs pen. I do not know how she manages to get in there. Then just as quick as you see her, she disappears. She has managed to scare the boys a few times! I think she may be a magic chicken!

4 ~ I spent a good bit of today baking and tried out two recipes that have been on my Pinterest desert board for a while. I made brown sugar blondies and cake batter chocolate chip cookies. The blondies were my favorite, but I bet the kids will like the cookies best. I made a bunch for the booth my church will have at Relay for Life this weekend and decided since I was baking anyway, to make some for my boys' tball team for opening day tomorrow.

5 ~ Here's a baseball mom quick tip I figured out today - Mr. Clean Magic Erasers work great at getting out clay stains on cleats. The boys have pictures tomorrow as well and I wanted their cleats to look a little better. They look almost good as new. Even with A wearing a pair of hand-me-downs, they look great.

I hope your weekend is great!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Amber! I wanted to reply to your comment on my blog today but you must have your setting set as non reply because it didn't let me email you! I totally agree about commenting on other blogs - that is one thing I really miss about having more time before having a baby and I think the definitely makes a difference in blogging interaction!! Love the idea of a little park party - how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katie - I did not know it was set up that way, I will have to check it out. Yes all this is new to me, trying to figure it out and juggle time! :)

    ReplyDelete