Friday, May 23, 2014

5 for Friday -- I may be a blog statistic

{one}
So this month confirms it...I may be a blog statistic. I don't know where I recently read it, but the statistic was that most blogs fail in the first three months. Well there you go, I haven't posted in over a month. Life has been busy, sweet and happily busy. I am hoping to get back on the blog wagon, if for nothing else, than preserving these precious family memories. I have been planning a catch-up post for a while, from Easter to present, so we'll see when that ever happens. Be ready friends, it will be loaded with little boy preciousness.
{two}
I have been trying to eat a tad bit healthier. When I say tad bit I mean I have been trying to eat more fruits and vegetables and not eat an entire bag of Lays Dill Pickle Chips in a day. (Side note - they are super good) Smoothies have been my friend. This morning when I was making mine I accidentally grabbed the chicken broth carton instead of the almond milk carton. Thankfully I put it in first. When I poured some in I thought "Whoa what is wrong with the milk!" Then I realized I had grabbed the wrong carton. It nearly made me hault the whole smoothie operation, but I pressed on and the smoothie was good.
{three}
Part two of my trying to get healthy has been Pilates. I love/hate Pilates. I usually do it every Spring to take off the extra Winter weight I seem to gain every year. Usually it works like a charm. This year..nope, nada, ain't happenin' says my body, you are thirty now. As in 3-0- thirty. But it does make me feel better so I'll keep poppin' it in for a while.
{four}
We have been trying to do a little yard work lately here and there. I LOVE planting flowers in the Spring. I STRONGLY DISLIKE watering flowers in the Summer. I have tried to learn over the years what works best in the dry, sandy land at my house. Daylilies like my sand and they don't mind that I don't pay them much attention. That reminds me of this verse "Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these." Luke 12:27 NKJV So much truth in that verse that I need to remember daily, not to worry, God's got this, all of this.
{five}
We picked up a few more flowers to plant yesterday at Lowes. I am hoping it is not a waste of my money. I have tried to steer clear of lots of new things and stick to the basic Lantana and Verbena that don't require much water. Hoping to get this lovely blush shade of Verbena planted sometime this weekend. I also picked up some Shasta Daisies because they are my childhood favorite. My Grandma has beautiful daisies. I have never had much luck with them, but I won't give up.

Hope your weekend is filled with blessings and happiness!


Linking up...
 photo H54Fbutton_zps973d26e1.png

No comments:

Post a Comment